Chocolate rum balls, no-bake! (Adults only since they are not baked!) They are easy to make and soo good!! It is hard to eat just one!
England, the United States, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Austria, Slovenia, Hungary, Greece, the Czech Republic, and Denmark are countries where chocolate rum balls are loved and made a lot. They all use chocolate and rum but the recipes vary in size and ingredients. This recipe variation is popular in the United States.
You really can taste the rum, but it doesn’t overpower the cookie. Use whatever is your favorite rum. I usually use dark rum which has a stronger, bolder flavor than light rum, which is a little sweeter. I have heard both dark and light rum have the same alcohol content though. In the slideshow, I had light rum on hand and they were delicious too.
Rum balls are very popular at Christmastime, but they are really nice to enjoy year round!
A lot of people love these rum balls!
See how easy they are to make in the slideshow below.
Chocolate Rum Balls~Easy No-Bake!
- FOR THE DUSTING:
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH:
- 2 cups vanilla wafers 11-ounce box, finely crushed
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped, or use nuts of your choice
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ⅓ cup rum dark or light
- ⅓ cup corn syrup light
- In a small bowl, set aside the 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar for DUSTING the rum balls after they are rolled.
- With a mixer on medium speed, beat all the COOKIE DOUGH ingredients until it is well-blended and forms a soft dough.
- Wet your hands and shape small pieces of the dough into one-inch balls, about the size of walnuts. You may have to re-wet your hands as you make them.
- Roll the balls twice in the reserved confectioner's sugar.
- Store them covered at room temperature. They keep for 2 weeks.
I first posted this recipe in 2014 and updated the recipe design format in 2021.
Hey Angie…want to try baking your delicious looking creations & as I am in Australia, do you have weight measurements/ conversions from cups to grams/mls etc. Thatnks
Looks delicious 😋 thank you 😊 Going to try to make for Christmas 🎄 this year.
Great Lynda! We LOVE them! Let me know!
These looks so good Angie!
Try’em, Margo! They ARE great!
This looks great. Saving this recipe.
Going to try to make this for Christmas 🎄 Eve.
Thank you cousin Angie.
Merry Christmas 🎅 to you and your family 👪 ❤️
Lynda, Tj and all of us
Miss you 😘
Awesome, Lynda! Merry Christmas to you and the family! It’s been too long since I was there!
Thanks,Lynda! Same to you all. Yes, these are great! Easy too.