This icing recipe is a perfect ratio of corn syrup to confectioner’s sugar that works beautifully!
It is somewhat similar to Royal Icing but it has NO meringue powder and NO Egg whites!
The CORN SYRUP hardens it to a shiny, pretty surface, but it doesn’t make it super hard.
WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME: You can STACK the cookies or pastries without them sticking to each other and ruining the decorations!
You can outline and flood with it too just by adjusting the thickness. Add more milk or confectioner’s sugar to get the consistency you want.
I never liked the taste of traditional royal icing, but I liked the look of it. It can crack when you bite into it and was always too hard for my liking.
This icing tastes delicious and is the only one I use. And I’ve tried many!
Bonus: It’s REAL EASY to make!
See the steps and some samples in the slideshow below.
Icing ~ with Corn Syrup
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 teaspoons corn syrup light
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or extract of your choice.
- With an electric mixer, beat all ingredients together until it is smooth and creamy. No lumps!
- Add a few more drops of milk for a thinner consistency if desired.
Thank you I am going to try this
Great! Hope you like it!
Going to try. Sounds great.
Hope you like it!