Banana Muffins are so good, and this lower version is great, it is delicious!
Considering a regular banana muffin starts at about 350 calories and can be much more, one of these muffins is 204 calories, 4 WW Smart Points, and has much lower fat. I do not miss the full-fat version at all!
EASY TO MAKE! NO MIXER NEEDED! Mix everything by hand in one bowl!
Use very ripe bananas for a strong banana taste! The blacker the better!
Use any berries you like, or any combination! Pictured is blueberries and strawberries.
Give it a try! You will love them!
See pictures how I make them in the slideshow below.
WW, LOW-Calorie, LOW-Fat Banana Berry Muffins
- 1 12-cavity muffin tin
- 4 bananas very ripe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons reduced calorie butter melted
- 1 ½ cups berries any
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 12 liners to a muffin tin, or use a cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Stir in the egg, vanilla extract, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Gently stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Do not over-mix.
- Gently stir in the melted butter.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Divide the batter into the 12 liners of the muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Immediately remove the muffins to a wire rack.