Muffins can be a high calorie item, but these Weight Watcher Cranberry muffins are just 4 smart WW smart points, or 136 calories! That is a big difference from standard muffin recipes. A plain muffin is about 340 calories!
When you want a muffin, but not the high calories, try making these! They are delicious! I love them!
They are EASY and FAST to make; no beater needed! You make it in a few minutes by hand in ONE BOWL!
I like to heap the measurement of the berries, and I add a few more on top before baking.
For the yogurt, sometimes I use 2 Dannon Light+Fit 70-calorie yogurt cups, 5.3 ounces each, any flavor.
Pictured is one time I used just cranberries and another time when I used cranberries and blueberries. Use any berries you want, or mix them up! You can even use peaches, pears, or apples to this batter! Use any fruit you want or have on hand.
I love this muffin batter and the oats in it! Believe me, I’ve tried other low-calorie muffin recipes and was not happy with them!
Remove the muffins from the muffin tins as soon as they come out of the oven so they don’t bake more in the tins.
They do stick somewhat to the paper liners. If you don’t like that, skip the paper liners and just spray your muffin tins with cooking spray before adding the batter.
See some pictures how I make them in the slideshow below.
WW and Low-Calorie Berry Muffins
- 1 muffin tin
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oats heaping
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon reduced calorie vegetable oil butter spread or Land0Lakes reduced calorie butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup berries any berries, fresh,
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in the yogurt, milk, egg, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the berries.
- Fill the 12 paper- lined muffin cups.
- Add a few extra berries on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400° F. for 18-20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Immediately transfer the muffins from the pan to a wire rack to cool.
So good. Thank you.
Looks so good!! 💕