The most requested, most famous Impossible Betty Crocker Pie is this Cheeseburger one, and it is so good!
Here I just scaled it down to a smaller pie to serve 3…. or 2 hungry people! I used a 6-inch pie plate. You can use a 5-inch pie plate for a little higher pie.
It is a fast, easy meal to make that is delicious!
My guess is many people know this great oldie but goodie recipe already! But if not, it gets our big stamp of approval!
The original Betty Crocker recipe for this Impossible Pie did not have vegetables in it. I add a little bit of whatever vegetables I feel like or have on hand. You can use any chopped vegetable(s) you like. For this 6-inch pie, I add about 1/3 cup vegetables. Or just eliminate the vegetables completely to be like the original.
To change the number of servings, use the RECIPE ADJUSTER CALCULATOR before you print to easily scale the ingredients. Doubling this recipe will give you a 9-inch pie for 6 people.
See some pictures how I make it in the slideshow below.
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
- 6-inch Pie Plate ( or 5-inch Pie Plate)
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper optional
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded ( 2 ounces)
- ¼ cup Bisquick mix
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup bell pepper chopped , optional
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Spray or grease the pie plate.
- Brown the ground beef and onions, salt, and black pepper in a large skillet until the ground beef is browned.
- Drain the grease.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- In a small bowl, stir the remaining ingredients with a fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour it into pie plate.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve immediately.