Healthy and Delicious Roasted Veggies with Shrimp and Sausage is an EASY, quick dish to prepare! I used chicken sausage, but use any type sausage you want. Sausage gives a great flavor to this dish.
The important thing to remember is to cut the different vegetables into the correct sizes so they all finish cooking at the same time.
Root vegetables are cut up into 1-inch chunks and other vegetables are cut into 2 inch chunks.
You can add other spices to this! Maybe you might like to add some lemon, or oregano, or basil, cayenne, or chili powder. You can add the McCormick Sheet pan packets. You can see that in one of the times I did it. Add any spice you feel like at the moment! But believe me, the flavor from the sausage and shrimp, salt and pepper is just enough for me!
In the slideshow below are some pictures of various times and ways I made it.
Sometimes I used a little more oil, sometimes less oil, depending on how many potatoes or broccoli pieces were in it. The vegetables and protein are varied according to what I had on hand.
Roasted Vegetables with Shrimp and Sausage
- Rimmed Sheet Pan
- 8 to 9 cups vegetables your choice, read instructions below for how to cut them
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ½ to ¾ pound shrimp raw, large, peeled
- 2 links sausage uncooked, cut into chunks, your choice of sausage
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Use some root vegetables, cut into 1-inch chunks. e.g. potatoes, carrots.
- Use some other vegetables, cut up into 2-inch chunks. e.g. squash, eggplant, peppers, onions. Brussel sprouts: cut in half.
- In a large bowl, place the vegetables, shrimp, and sausage.
- Pour the oil over everything in the bowl, and sprinkle in the salt and pepper to your taste. With a rubber spatula, or your hands, gently stir so everything is nicely coated with the oil. You can mix this all in the sheet pan, but I find it easier to coat everything in a bowl first.
- Spread out all the ingredients in a single layer in a sheet pan with a rim. Do not overcrowd the vegetables.
- Bake at 425°uncovered, for 25-35 minutes. About half-way through the baking time, use tongs to flip over the veggies, shrimp, and sausage.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was posted first on my website in December, 2021, and updated with a slideshow in August, 2022.
I posted this recipe in December, 2021, and updated it with a slideshow in August, 2022.