These Red Velvet Cookies from a cake mix are so-o good! And SO easy to make!
It is a shortcut recipe with just a few ingredients. It takes just a few minutes from start to finish!
My cookies pictured above have semi-sweet chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, but you can use whatever chips and nuts you want. Leave out the chopped nuts if you want!
It is a very moist and chocolatey cookie! Red Velvet is one of my favorite flavors.
I love this recipe!
For Christmastime, use red and green chocolate chips!
See the steps to make them in the slideshow below.
Red Velvet Cookies ~ with a Cake Mix
- 1 box 15.25 ounces red velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil canola or vegetable
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or any flavor
- ½ cup macadamia nuts optional, chopped, or nuts of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease or use parchment paper on 2 cookie sheet pans.
- With a mixer on medium high speed, mix all ingredients to form a thick cookie dough.
- Using a medium #40 cookie scoop, or 2 tablespoons full, drop mounds of dough onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° F. for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store the cookies covered at room temperature.