A small, 9-inch Chocolate Pumpkin Nut Snack Cake to try that I think is great change from regular brownies.
It is so moist and fudgy, and it’s made with a brownie mix! NO eggs, no oil, no butter! The pumpkin puree does the job of all that!
You will love that it takes less than 5 minutes to make!
Use your favorite brownie mix. I used Ghiradelli Double Chocolate, with chocolate chips in the mix.
It’s a great ‘pick-up-with-your-hands’ snack cake, no fork necessary! I love snack cakes!
This has a big brownie taste with a hint of pumpkin that is not overpowering.
It is one of my top favorite snack cakes!
Use the RECIPE ADJUSTER CALCULATOR before you print to easily scale the ingredients. Double the recipe and use a 9×13″ pan for double the treats!
It is so good that I have to make these a few times in the fall! But you can make these any time of the year! Just change the sprinkles!
See some pictures in the slideshow below.
Chocolate Pumpkin Nut Snack Cake
- 9-inch square pan
- 1 package brownie mix, 18 ounces, family size, your favorite
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree, or use 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon ginger, ground
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips, your favorite
- ½ cup walnuts, or nuts of your choice, chopped
- sprinkles, your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease, or spray with baking spray, or line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer or by hand, combine the dry brownie mix, pumpkin puree, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla extract together until blended.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. First sprinkle the top of the batter with the chocolate chips, then the nuts, then the sprinkles.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares. Store covered on top of the counter.