A delicious, healthy soup based on Food Network’s recipe by Rachel Ray for Chourico and Kale Soup. It does not take long to make and the technique is the same.
I substituted spinach for the kale and kielbasa for the chourico. Kielbasa in soups is usually pared with cabbage. This was a nice change to have kielbasa with spinach and beans instead of cabbage.
It is a very tasty soup!
If you like chourico and kale, use that instead! By all means! I would love it with chourico, but kale is not a favorite of mine. So I used spinach for the kale.
I got 8 servings (1 heaping cup each) instead of 4 like their recipe said! It is a hearty soup!
Use the RECIPE ADJUSTER CALCULATOR before you print to easily scale the ingredients up or down to adjust the servings you want.
Substitute with any sausage or beans you like!
See some pictures how to make it in the slideshow below.
Kielbasa Spinach Soup
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 potatoes medium, diced
- 1 onion medium, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 bay leaves optional
- 11 ounces spinach fresh
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 pound kielbasa cut into small chunks
- 1 can(15 ounces) cannellini beans undrained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes diced
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- Over medium heat, heat the oil in large soup pot.
- Stir in the potatoes and onions. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the garlic, bay leaves, and spinach. Cover the pot and wilt the spinach, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper and add in the kielbasa, beans, tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Stir, raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook it for 5 or 10 minutes longer.
- Do a taste test and add another sprinkle of salt and black pepper if needed.