This is my own version of LOW CALORIE Baked Fillet of Fish based on the WW way my Aunt Gloria made it.
You just make it by adding layers! NO MIXING! NO COATING! It is so EASY!
Grating the onion makes all the difference in the world for this!
Use this technique for ANY fish fillet, just adjust the baking time if you have a thicker fillet.
This recipe does not overwhelm the fish with a sauce or a batter or a coating!
Be sure to grate the onion! Chopped or sliced onion just isn’t the same! It will change the texture of the topping. So, go the extra mile and GRATE THE ONION!
You can surround the fish with thinly sliced vegetables for a one dish meal!
This is my favorite way to bake fish! I tend to overdo the amounts of the ingredients as I make it from memory! But I layer it the same way!
One serving is only 266 CALORIES and 7 WW POINTS.
I first published this recipe in April, 2014 and updated it to my new format in May, 2022.
See some pictures in the slideshow below.
Also check out the fun, fast-paced video of it Bill and I made in May, 2020 during the Pandemic!
Baked Filet of Fish~LOW CALORIE
- NON-STICK Aluminum Foil
- ½ – 1 pound fish fillet, any kind
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs plain
- ⅓ cup onions GRATED
- 2 teaspoons parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 lemons sliced, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Grease or spray a small baking dish.
- Starting with the fillet of fish, layer the ingredients in the order of the recipe.
- Bake at 400° for 15 -20 minutes, or until the fish is flaky.