Crustless Taco Pie! And it is LOW-CALORIE too! It’s NO surprise why this Betty Crocker Impossible Taco Pie is SO popular!
The original recipe calls for ground beef, regular milk, and regular Mexican cheese, which is 252 calories a wedge, or 7 WW points.
I make it often with ground turkey instead of ground beef. I use skim milk and low-fat Mexican shredded cheese. The spices really add a kick to the ground turkey so it is really tasty!
If you make it my low-calorie way and you cut the pie into eighths, one pie wedge serving without additional toppings, is only 168 calories or 4 WW points!
My guess is many of you have tried this recipe already, but if you haven’t, this is worth it!
It is great for a brunch or a main meal.
Another Betty Crocker Impossible Pie that is so good and so EASY to make!
See pictures how to make it in the slideshow below.
In the slideshow pictures, this time I did not have a can of green chiles so I used Salsa Verde, which is a green chiles salsa very low in calories too. It was delicious also! Either one works!
Use the RECIPE ADJUSTER CALCULATOR before you print to easily scale the ingredients up or down to adjust how many servings you want.
Impossible Taco Pie~Low Calorie
- 9-inch Pie Plate
- 1 pound ground turkey or any ground meat
- ½ cup onions chopped (1 medium onion)
- 1 package 1 ounce Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) green chiles green chopped, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ cup Bisquick
- ¾ cup low fat Mexican cheese shredded, or Monterey Jack (3 ounces)
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease or spray a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the ground beef and onions until the beef is brown. If you see any grease, drain it.
- Stir in the dry taco mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie plate. Spread the chiles over the top. Set this aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and Bisquick. Pour this over the meat mixture in the pie plate.
- Bake at 400° F. for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before you cut it. If you wish, serve it topped with sour cream, salsa, or shredded lettuce, or all of it!