A delicious crustless quiche based on Betty Crocker’s Impossible Seafood Pie that I make LOW-CALORIE…….
199 calories or 3 WW points for one generous serving!
Choose whatever seafood you want to use! Canned or fresh! Or a mix of both!
SOME SUGGESTIONS: Mix up 3 cups of your choice of shrimp, scallops, crabmeat, salmon, lobster, clams, tuna. Put in your favorites!
If you use canned fish, just drain the juice.
It is only 257 CALORIES OR 7 WW POINTS if you use regular cheddar cheese and cream cheese and regular milk. Not too bad at all!
BUT…..If you use LOW-FAT shredded cheese, SKIM milk, and LOW-FAT cream cheese, one serving is only
199 CALORIES OR 3 WW POINTS!
One serving is a generous piece too, because it is made in a 10-inch dish!
And it is so delicious!
Incredibly EASY to make! You make it in 4 LAYERS!
This is great not only for a main meal, but for a lunch or brunch.
In the slideshow, I used fresh shrimp, cooked, canned crabmeat, a little canned tuna fish, and a little imitation lobster equaling to 3 cups.
See how EASY it is to make it in the slideshow below.
Seafood Quiche-Low Calorie/WW
- 10-inch Quiche Dish or Pie Plate
- 1½ cups broccoli uncooked, chopped
- ¼ cup celery minced
- ½ cup red peppers chopped
- ¼ cup green onion sliced
- 3 cups fish (Use a mix of fish) cooked, chopped, YOUR CHOICE! Suggestions: crabmeat, shrimp, lobster, salmon, scallops, clams. Canned or fresh.
- 4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese shredded (1 cup)
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese cut into small ¼-inch cubes
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ cup Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ cup parsley chopped
- dash ground nutmeg and/or Old Bay Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease or spray a 10-inch quiche dish or pie plate.
- LAYER 1: Place the broccoli, red peppers, onions, and celery in the bottom of the prepared pie plate.
- LAYER 2: Place the fish on top of the vegetables.
- LAYER 3: Sprinkle the low-fat cheddar cheese and low-fat cream cheese cubes on top of the fish.
- LAYER 4: In a small bowl, use a whisk to blend the skim milk, Bisquick, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley, and nutmeg. Pour this into the pie plate. Pat the top smooth with a rubber spatula.
- OPTIONAL: Add a few extra vegetables and/or pieces of fish on top before you bake it to make it colorful!
- Bake at 400°F. uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until it is golden brown, and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (Some cream cheese may stick to the knife.) Let the quiche stand for 10 minutes before cutting.