CHEF LYDIA BASTIANICH is a favorite chef of mine!
This is on her menu at her EATALY restaurants in downtown and midtown NYC. I loved it so much that I ordered it whenever I visited! I had to learn to make it at home!
WOW! Her recipe for it is so SIMPLE and EASY to make!
The delicious sauce takes just 5 MINUTES to make while the ravioli is boiling!
NOTE: This makes 8 servings.
To change the number of servings, Use the RECIPE ADJUSTER CALCULATOR before you print to easily scale the ingredients up or down to adjust the servings you want.
See the pictures how to make it in the slideshow below.
Lydia’s Ravioli with Lemon Butter Sauce and Pistachios
- 2 pounds ravioli cheese filled
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon shallots minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ – ¾ cup pistachios shelled, whole or chopped
- Romano cheese grated, or Parmesan, for garnish
- Boil the ravioli in salted water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter with the shallots and garlic over medium high heat until they are soft.
- Use a sieve to remove the shallots and garlic and discard.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper for a few minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in the pistachios.
- Drain the ravioli and place them on a serving platter. Pour the sauce over the ravioli and sprinkle the top with grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.