A Pillsbury Bake-Off winning recipe, this is an oldie but goodie recipe that is very, very popular! I see people who have entered it in local contests and have won blue ribbons for it!
It is made in 4 layers that are very easy to do. There is a vanilla cake layer on the bottom, then peaches, then a cream cheese topping that is sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar on top.
There are other names for this that have evolved over the years. Most often I’ve seen it called the way I know it, Peaches and Cream Cheesecake, but the same recipe is sometimes called Peaches and Cream Pie, Peaches and Cream Cake. It is all of that!!
My card for this in my recipe box says 1977 and I remember getting the recipe from my mother-in-law who was always trying new recipes. Like me! Our conversations always seemed to include from her or from me ” Have you tried any new recipes lately?”
Bill just asked for this dessert today. I have written it out for many people, but this recipe is all over the internet!
See the easy steps of the 4 layers in the slideshow below.
Peaches and Cream Cheesecake
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package(3 ounces) pudding mix vanilla, NOT instant
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can 29 ounces peaches, sliced, drained. (Reserve the juice)
CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons reserved peach juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease or spray a 9, 9½, or 10-inch pie plate. Pictured, it is in a 9-inch. I usually use a 10 inch.
- With a mixer on medium speed, combine all the CAKE ingredients until smooth. Pour into the prepared pie plate.
- Place the sliced peaches in a layer over the cake batter.
- With a mixer on medium speed, beat the CREAM CHEESE LAYER ingredients until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to spread the topping over the peach layer. Only spread it to within 1-inch of the edge of the pie plate so you will see an inch border of peaches around the edge.
- In a small dish mix the CINNAMON TOPPING ingredients together and sprinkle it over the CREAM CHEESE LAYER.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the bottom and edges of the cake are a golden brown. The filling will appear soft. It will firm up as it cools. Cool on a wire rack.
- Chill for 3 or 4 hours before serving. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.