Another one of Betty Crocker’s crustless IMPOSSIBLE PIES I LOVE and added to my site back in 2014. I updated it to my new format. It is meatless and LOW CALORIE! Only 187 calories for one wedge! And LOW CARB! Just 16g for one wedge!
All of Betty’s Impossible pies are so delicious and easy to change to the way you like them.
This is my version. I just added some Romano cheese to the mixture and I vary the vegetables to what I like or have.
It is okay to choose any vegetables you happen to have on hand! I always keep onions, bell peppers, Cheddar and Romano cheeses in the mixture. I’ve added at different times maybe some broccoli, spinach, carrots, celery, green beans, mushrooms, or asparagus. Use up what you have! It will come out delicious every time no matter what vegetables you choose!
My husband raves about this one and actually all the crustless pies!
You can substitute a 10 to 16-ounce bag of frozen vegetables for the fresh vegetables. Just thaw them first and drain them.
You can use a 9-inch pie plate or a 9-1/2-inch pie plate or a quiche dish.
If you are short on time, you can prepare this pie, cover and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking it. OR, you can bake this pie a day ahead and it reheats well in the microwave for about 6 minutes.
One baked slice takes about 2 minutes in the microwave to reheat.
Serve it for any meal!
In the SLIDESHOW below, I used broccoli, green and orange peppers, celery, carrots, onions, and green beans.
Impossible Vegetable Pie
- 9 or 9½-inch pie plate or quiche dish
- 2⅔ cups vegetables fresh. Your choice. Suggestions: broccoli, spinach, asparagus
- ⅓ cup onion chopped
- ⅓ cup bell peppers diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup baking mix Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup Romano cheese or Parmesan, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Spray or grease a 9 or 9½-inch glass or ceramic pie plate or quiche dish.
- With a microwave steamer or on top of the stove, steam the vegetables until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Drain any water. Onions and bell peppers can go into the quiche raw or you can steam them with the other vegetables too. Either way.
- Spread all the steamed vegetables on the bottom of the prepared pie plate.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the vegetables.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, baking mix, Romano cheese, milk, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables, pushing down with a spoon so all the vegetables are moistened.
- Bake at 400º for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve immediately. Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
This is really low carb and that is good for those of us who are diabetics. Thanks Angie.
a good, healthy, no-guilt quiche! Glad you like it!
This is the best ! ! !