An EASY cocktail meatball appetizer recipe that a lot of people really like! The honey and the bourbon give a delicious flavor to the Swedish meatballs!
People go back for seconds and thirds of this appetizer. You can use any small frozen meatballs, but I like it best with the Swedish meatballs.
Be sure to buy the APPETIZER-SIZE meatballs or the BITE-SIZE!
People will eat 2 or 3 or even 4 of these for an appetizer! So for 20 people, figure 60 small meatballs. The amount of cocktail-size meatballs in a package varies with the brand you buy. I’ve seen packages with count sizes of 52, 60, 64, 96. You can go up to 96 with this recipe. You can also adjust the servings with the slider in the recipe to make a smaller amount.
The slow cooker always helps to eliminate last-minute prep time when it comes to appetizers! Mix everything together, let them cook in the slow cooker on high for an hour, then on low for 2 hours. Set it on warm until you are ready to serve. That’s it! EASY!
Usually I serve them right from the slow cooker on the warm setting. For an outdoor party, I’ll bring the slow cooker outside and connect it to an outlet.
Honey Bourbon Cocktail Meatball Appetizers ~ Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
- 52 Swedish meatballs frozen, cocktail-size, bite-size
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup honey heaping
- ½ cup bourbon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Place the frozen meatballs in your slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients to make a sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and gently stir to coat the meatballs.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After 1 hour, turn the temperature to low and cook for 2 hours.
- Change the setting to warm to serve.