A really delicious meatloaf by Paula Deen, made with oatmeal, not breadcrumbs. Soft and very tasty, it is easy to make and cooks fast, under 15 minutes, in the microwave.
Love it with the oatmeal!
A very tasty recipe!
Paula Deen’s Classic Meatloaf~ EASY and FAST!
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 can 8-ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup oatmeal quick-cooking
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound meatloaf mixture ground beef, pork, and veal, or your choice of meat
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- In a large bowl, mix all the MEATLOAF INGREDIENTS, with your hands or a large spoon.
- Place the mixture into a microwave-safe dish. Use your hands to form it into a loaf shape. Set it aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the TOPPING INGREDIENTS together. Whisk until there are no lumps!
- Spread the topping all over the top of the meatloaf.
- Cook the meatloaf in the microwave for 12-15 minutes. Alternatively, you can bake it in the oven at 350° for 1 hour. You can use a meat thermometer to test the inside of the meatloaf to 160° to assure doneness.
- Let the meatloaf sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting.