“I usually go out for Chinese food, but what if you don’t feel like going out? You can make this delicious stir fry at home with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
No special sauces or oils. No packets!
This is a very flexible recipe!
Use whatever vegetables you like or happen to have. You can use a package of frozen stir fry vegetables too.
I like to steam the vegetables in the microwave rather than sauté them in the pan. I think it gives a lighter feel to the dish and the vegetables are not saturated in oil.
You can use cooked shrimp too, instead of raw shrimp, it doesn’t matter!
Double the sauce if you want more than pictured. This amount is perfect for me, but I know some people like a lot of sauce.
This recipe takes just UNDER 10 MINUTES all together from start to finish!
It is so good!
Easy Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 4 cups vegetables sliced, your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil for sautéing
- 1 tablespoon butter for sautéing
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pound shrimp raw or cooked, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Lightly season the vegetables with salt and pepper and steam them in the microwave until they are just barely fork tender, about 4-5 minutes. Alternatively, you can steam them on top of the stove. Set aside.
- While the vegetables are steaming, in a small bowl mix the SAUCE ingredients together: soy sauce, honey, water, black pepper, cornstarch, and the 2 teaspoons of oil. Set aside.
- Into a large skillet or Wok over medium high heat, add in the 2 tablespoons oil, butter, garlic, and shrimp. Quickly sauté the shrimp until slightly browned on each side, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add in the prepared sauce and steamed veggies. Stir everything together for a minute or two to heat through.
- Serve immediately over rice or noodles.