“A delicious cookie to add to your recipe box that has been around for decades if you don’t already have it. This version of the classic finger cookies is similar to the Butterball Cookie or the Mexican Wedding Cookie, but the cream cheese make it more rich and gives it a nice velvety, smooth texture. Enjoy!”
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- Confectioner’s Sugar, to roll the cookies after they are baked
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract on medium high speed.
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt and beat it until it forms a dough; then beat in the chopped nuts.
- Scoop a tablespoonful of dough, and with your hands, roll it into a ball. Then roll the ball into a 2-inch log with nice rounded ends.
- Place the logs 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the bottoms are just a light brown.
- Roll the cookies in confectioner’s sugar while still warm.
- Store the cookies in a tin on the countertop. These cookies keep great for a few weeks!