Here is a recipe with a video of my friend Linda making her famous FRIED SWEET POTATOES.
NOT Sweet Potato Fries! It’s Fried Sweet Potatoes! LOL
These are a family favorite and they are so delicious!
The ingredients are simple and so is her technique.
See the steps how Linda makes it in the video below.
Linda’s Fried Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- Oil for frying
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them lengthwise into chunks.
- Boil them in covered water until almost fork tender. Drain.
- Slice the chunks lengthwise into thick pieces, about ½-inch thick.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of sugar on top of each slice. Turn the slice over and sprinkle that side with sugar as well.
- Place the slices into a pan that has heated oil.
- These are best done on top of the stove in a cast iron pan. But you can fry them in any skillet. I would not do these in a deep fryer. They are delicate and might fall apart.
- When the bottoms of the slices are browned, flip the slices over to cook the other side.
- Place the fried sweet potatoes in an aluminum-foil lined plate.