“Here is a recipe with a video of my friend Linda making her famous Fried Sweet Potatoes. NOT Sweet Potato Fries! It’s Fried Sweet Potatoes! LOL These are a family favorite and so delicious! The ingredients are simple and so is her technique. Enjoy!”
- Sweet potatoes
- Oil, for frying
- 1. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them lengthwise into thick chunks.
- 2. Boil them in covered water until almost fork tender. Drain.
- 3. Slice the chunks lengthwise into thick, ½-inch pieces.
- 4. Sprinkle a generous amount of sugar on top of each slice. Turn the slice over and sprinkle that side with sugar as well.
- 5. Place the slices into a pan that has at least a 1/2- inch of heated oil.
- 6. These are best fried on top of the stove in a cast iron pan. But you can fry them in any skillet. I would not do these in a deep fryer. They are delicate and might fall apart.
- 7. When the bottoms of the slices are browned, flip the slices over to cook the other side.
- 8. Remove the fried sweet potato slices with a slotted spatula and place them in an aluminum foil-lined plate.