A really delicious meatloaf by Paula Deen, made with oatmeal, not breadcrumbs. Soft and very tasty, it is easy to make and cooks fast, under 15 minutes, in the microwave.
Love it with the oatmeal!
A very tasty recipe!
Paula Deen’s Classic Meatloaf~ EASY and FAST!
A really delicious meatloaf by Paula Deen, made with oatmeal, not breadcrumbs. Soft and very tasty! it is easy to make and it cooks fast, under 15 minutes, in the microwave. One of the best meatloaf recipes there is!
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 can 8-ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup oatmeal quick-cooking
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound meatloaf mixture ground beef, pork, and veal, or your choice of meat
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- In a large bowl, mix all the MEATLOAF INGREDIENTS, with your hands or a large spoon.
- Place the mixture into a microwave-safe dish. Use your hands to form it into a loaf shape. Set it aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the TOPPING INGREDIENTS together. Whisk until there are no lumps!
- Spread the topping all over the top of the meatloaf.
- Cook the meatloaf in the microwave for 12-15 minutes. Alternatively, you can bake it in the oven at 350° for 1 hour. You can use a meat thermometer to test the inside of the meatloaf to 160° to assure doneness.
- Let the meatloaf sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
MEAT: You can use just ground beef instead of meatball mixture. Or use ground chicken or turkey. Your choice!
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 835mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 599IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 3mg
Looks so good, thanks!! Love you lady and that photographer fellow! Have a Blessed EAster … The Tomb is Empty!! He is Risen, He is Risen Indeeed! Love and Hugs< Diane
On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 10:49 PM Angie's Open Recipe Box wrote:
> Angie posted: ” https://videopress.com/v/K9CRsD68?preloadContent=metadata > A really delicious meatloaf by Paula Deen, made with oatmeal, not > breadcrumbs. Soft and very tasty, it is easy to make and cooks fast in the > microwave. Enjoy! MEATLOAF INGREDIENTS: ” >
Thanks for the recipe. I will try it when I can get around better. Something happened to my left foot. I can’t stand on it without some very bad pain and even when not standing it it is painful. Don’t remember doing anything to sprain it so don’t know what it is. Maybe the nerves are shot in my foot.The feet are just to old Lol who knows.ON A HAPPIER NOTE. HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND BILL!Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thank you! how about that! First time I ever tried oatmeal! Delish! That Paula Deen! We are doing ok. Been thinking of you Margo alone there, (thankful for our pets!) ; hoping you too are ok and staying safe, well, and strong. Looking forward to your music Sat. !!
This looks similar to my standard meatloaf recipe. Hope you are both well. Margo
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad