A really delicious meatloaf by Paula Deen, made with oatmeal, not breadcrumbs. Soft and very tasty, it is easy to make and cooks fast in the microwave. Enjoy!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 8-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound meatloaf mixture (ground beef, pork, and veal)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- In a large bowl, mix all MEATLOAF INGREDIENTS together .
- Place into a microwave-safe dish. Use your hands to form it into a loaf shape. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk all TOPPING INGREDIENTS together. Whisk until no lumps!
- Spread it on top of the meatloaf.
- Cook in the microwave for 12-15 minutes.
- (You can bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.)