“I have played around with quiches because I don’t like them too airy or too stiff. I want them soft, but firm enough to make a nice cut. This comes out perfectly every time, any way.
Typically asparagus is paired with swiss cheese in quiches. I like cheddar only because it is my personal preference, but this is a great base quiche recipe for any cheese, vegetable, or meat variation you want.
A broccoli, sausage, cheddar combo is also very good with this recipe. Enjoy!”
Servings: 8 Bake Time: 35-40 minutes
5 strips bacon
1 pound fresh asparagus
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup half and half cream
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Cook bacon, drain grease and pat the bacon strips dry with paper towels.
3. Cut bacon strips into very small pieces. Set aside.
4. Trim the asparagus, and steam until just tender.
5. Set aside eight 4-inch long asparagus spears for garnish.
6. Cut the remaining asparagus spears into small pieces. Set aside.
7. In a large bowl, beat eggs, bacon pieces, onion, cheese, flour, salt, pepper, and half and half cream.
8. Gently mix in the asparagus spears.
9. Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
10. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until firm.
11. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Asparagus, Bacon and Cheddar Quiche
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 133
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 15g 22%
* Saturated Fat 8g 42%
* Cholesterol 111mg 37%
* Sodium 433mg 18%
* Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 5%
* Protein 12g 21%
* Sugars 1g
* Vitamin A 15%
* Vitamin C 6%
* Calcium 22%
* Iron 2%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.