I have played around with quiches and experimented a lot! I don’t like them too airy or too stiff or too dry. I want them soft, but firm enough to make a nice cut. This comes out perfectly every time, any way.
Typically asparagus is paired with swiss cheese in quiches. Use whatever cheese you like! I am partial to cheddar so I use that more often.
This is a great basic quiche recipe you can use for any cheese, vegetable, or meat you want.
Do your own thing!
Asparagus, Bacon, and Cheddar Quiche
A basic quiche recipe that you can use to vary any way you want. Swap vegetables, cheeses, or add some meat. This comes out soft, not airy or dry, yet it is firm enough to slice.
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 pound asparagus fresh
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup half and half cream
- 1 9-inch pie crust unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Cook the bacon, drain the grease, and pat the bacon strips dry with paper towels.
- Cut the bacon strips into very small pieces. Set aside.
- Trim the asparagus and use the microwave or stovetop to steam them until they are just tender.
- Set aside eight 4-inch-long asparagus spears to garnish the top of the quiche.
- Cut the remaining asparagus spears into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, bacon pieces, onion, cheese, flour, salt, pepper, and half and half cream.
- Gently mix in the asparagus spears.
- Pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes, or until firm.
- Let the quiche sit for 5 minutes before serving.
LEFTOVERS? Tastes great just reheated in the microwave!
Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 885IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 253mg | Iron: 2mg
This content is very interesting but it took me a long time to find
it in google. I found it on 13 spot, you should focus on quality
backlinks building, it will help you to increase traffic.
And i know how to help you, just type in google – k2 seo tips