“Just 68 calories and delicious! Any pie filling with chopped apples and walnuts in a crescent dough makes a pretty nice, low-calorie fast mini fruit pie you can pick up easily.
There are a lot of recipes out there with crescent rolls. This is my take on one. You can use just the plain pie filling right from the can without the apples or nuts. My mini pies shown here have a strawberry rhubarb filling with added apples and walnuts.
One made this way with the glaze is ONLY 68 calories or 2 Weight Watcher Points. Try it, it’s great! Enjoy!”
Servings: 16 Bake Time: 15-16 minutes
2 crescent roll dough tubes
1 (21 ounces) can pie filling, your choice
1 cup chopped apple (1 large apple)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, or nuts of your choice
1-1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Grease or spray two muffin tins.
3. In a small bowl, microwave chopped apples for 2 minutes until just tender.
4. In a medium bowl, mix pie filling, apples, and walnuts.
5. Unroll crescent roll dough and place each piece with the widest part down on the bottom. Use your fingers to spread dough up the muffin pan a little bit.
6. Place two tablespoons of filling into center of each tin.
7. Overlap sides and fold over pointed end to the center.
8. Bake for 15-16 minutes.
9. Let cool in tins.
10. GLAZE: In a small bowl, mix confectioner’s sugar, butter, and milk.
11. Drizzle glaze onto cooled mini pies while they are still in the tin to limit glaze from leaking too much onto sides of pie.
12. Store in a covered tin or dish on top of the counter.
Nutritional Information: Fast Mini Fruit Pies
Amount Per Serving: 1 MINI FRUIT PIE (1/16 recipe)
Calories from Fat: 24
• % Daily Value *
• Total Fat 3g 4%
• Saturated Fat 1g 4%
• Cholesterol 2mg 1%
• Sodium 34mg 1%
• Total Carbohydrates 10g 3%
• Dietary Fiber 0g 2%
• Protein 0g 1%
• Sugars 8g
• Vitamin A 1%
• Vitamin C 0%
• Calcium 0%
• Iron 1%
• * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
So easy! Way too easy for you, I remember your great desserts! But yes, you and I appreciate easy too! 🙂 Choir people loved them tonight!
These sound easy and delicious! Thanks for another goody !