A REAL TREAT FOR A CHEAT! It is a soft-centered brownie pie that is firm enough on the outside rim to make nice neat wedges when you cut it. I don’t like pies that make a mess when you cut them, so this one I like. Use 4 ounces of your favorite chocolate bar!
If you want to be extra decadent go ahead and serve it with whipped cream, ice cream or chocolate sauce!
This pie got a double thumbs up from my resident connoisseur of chocolate, my husband, Bill!
It is an EASY, FAST recipe to make, too!
There is no need for an electric beater! You just mix things by hand in 3 separate bowls, then put it all together and bake!
This is an oldie but goodie recipe that is decades old! I see other recipes for it, but none exactly like this one yet. I first tasted this incredible chocolate pie when my Aunt Gloria made it, I think in the 1970’s or 80’s. She was an excellent baker who was always trying new recipes. Like me!
See a few pictures in the slideshow below.
Brownie Candy Bar Pie
- FOR THE PIE
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup walnuts chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter cut into chunks
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces chocolate candy bar your choice
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- FOR THE DECORATIVE PIE TOPPING
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped for decoration on top
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and unsweetened baking cocoa. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and the 1/3 cup walnuts. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, microwave on high power, the butter, chocolate chips, and candy bar for one and a half minutes, stirring vigorously every 30 seconds.
- Quickly stir in the flour mixture and the egg mixture. It will be a very thick batter.
- Quickly pour the batter into pie shell.
- Decorate around the rim of the pie with the ¼ cup walnuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pie is firm around the outer edges. The center will still be somewhat soft. That is okay, it will firm up as it cools.
- Serve the pie cold or warm.
- Store the pie covered in the refrigerator.
Delicious. I missed your baking. You are the best.
hi Jasmin!!!! So happy to hear from you in here!! Thanks so much! I miss YOU! and all of you guys! You also are a GREAT cook!