These Banana Walnut Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are so moist, so good!
Firm up to pick up with your hands! NO FORK necessary!
This is an oldie but goodie EASY favorite recipe of mine that I get asked the recipe a LOT!
NO steps to this one, just mix it all together!
It has only 1 CUP OF FLOUR so it is a LOW CAKE BAR, more like the size of a brownie.
Sometimes I might double the frosting recipe!
It is a FAST recipe to easily and quickly use up 3 overripe bananas!
I published this recipe first in May, 2014 and updated it to my new format in May, 2022.
See more pictures in the slideshow below.
Banana Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 bananas mashed (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup walnuts, or any nuts chopped, optional
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
FOR THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease or spray an oblong 13×9-inch pan.
- With a mixer on medium high speed, or by hand, mix all the cake ingredients together until well-blended.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack.
- Frost with the Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Store the bars covered in the refrigerator.
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- With your mixer, beat all the Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients together until soft and creamy.
- Frost the banana cake bars.