Here is my JIFFY CORNBREAD HACK using just ONE BOX and adding a few ingredients to make it really moist and fluffy!
It goes from crumbly and blah, to moist and wow!
JIFFY cornbread mix has been around for decades, since 1930! It is very popular. By itself I find it a little dry. BUT, there are many, many recipes out there to improve it! I have a tried a few. A lot of them use 2 boxes. I like my way because it uses only one box, so I get just enough, and the pieces are not gigantic! And being moist and fluffy is how I like cornbread.
Some people like cornbread made in a cast iron skillet which gives a crispy crust and brown edges. I think there are two camps of cornbread lovers!
In this recipe, sour cream gives the cornbread a little tang and adds moisture. Butter adds richness. JIFFY mix already has a subtle sweetness to it, but you can add the optional sugar if you like it more sweet. For making muffins, follow the TIP on the recipe.
See the EASY steps to make this in the slideshow below.
JIFFY Cornbread Hack ~ Moist and Fluffy!
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 package (8.5 ounces) JIFFY corn muffin mix
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Grease or spray an 8-inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream and egg.
- Mix in the melted butter and milk.
- Mix in the sugar if you are using it.
- Mix in the JIFFY corn muffin mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot.