Red Velvet Brownies are a nice twist on an old favorite! You use 2 box mixes to make these red velvet brownies. A lot of red velvet brownies have cream cheese in them. This one is simple, my favorite. I like it better than a regular brownie. So easy and fast to make! Enjoy!
- 1 box brownie mix, family size (Use your favorite brand)
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (Use your favorite brand)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Line a 13x9x2 inch pan with parchment paper.
- 3. Prepare your brownie mix according to the package instructions. Spread it evenly onto the parchment paper.
- 4. In a large bowl, mix the red velvet cake mix, oil, egg, and milk together until well mixed. It will be a thick batter.
- 5. Plop the cake mixture on top of the brownie mixture using a large spoon. Make about 6 or 8 dollops. of cake mixture.
- 6. Use a butter knife and swirl the cake mix . Make zig-zag motions too. Do NOT mix the two batters together! Just swirl ! You can sprinkle some chocolate chips on top if you want, or leave them plain.
- 7. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Test with a cake tester until it comes out almost clean.
- 8. Completely cool on a wire rack. Then holding the ends of the parchment paper, lift the brownies onto a board. Cut into squares.
- 9. Store covered on top of the counter.