You use 2 box mixes to make these red velvet brownies.
A lot of red velvet brownies have cream cheese in them.
This one is simple version and my favorite. I like it better than a regular brownie!
They are SO incredibly MOIST!
I’ve gotten many requests for this recipe! And, these sell really well at fairs!
You can dress them up for holidays with a frosting and sprinkles if you like.
They are SO EASY and FAST to make!
See more pictures the slideshow below.
Red Velvet Brownies
You will need 2 box mixes to make these delicious red velvet brownies. No cream cheese, Just a simple red velvet swirl brownie that I like even better than a regular brownie!
- 1 package brownie mix family size (Use your favorite brand)
- 1 package red velvet cake mix Use your favorite brand
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9x2 inch pan with parchment paper with an overlap at the edges.
- Prepare your brownie mix according to the package instructions. Spread it evenly onto the parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the red velvet cake mix, oil, egg, and milk together until well mixed. It will be a thick batter.
- Use a large spoon to plop about 6 or 8 dollops of the red velvet cake mixture on top of the brownie mixture. Space the dollops a few inches apart from each other.
- Use a butter knife and swirl the red velvet cake mixture with the brownie mix. Make zig-zag motions too. Do NOT mix the two batters together! Just swirl!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Test for doneness with a cake tester to see when it comes out ALMOST clean.
- Completely cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack. Then holding the ends of the parchment paper, lift the brownies onto a board. Cut them into squares.
- Store them covered on top of the counter.
VARIATION: You might like to sprinkle some chocolate chips on top of the batter before baking! HOLIDAYS: For CHRISTMAS, you can drizzle with white frosting and add green sprinkles. For FOURTH OF JULY you can drizzle with white frosting and add blue sprinkles.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 321mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg