If you want an easy version of chicken and stuffing, this is a great time saver! And it is SO TASTY!
Chicken or Turkey and Stuffing is one of my husband Bill’s very favorite meals, and he LOVED this! I am glad because it is so easy!
Use chicken or turkey boneless breasts, or cut -up chicken pieces, or you can cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Use whatever you like!
Pictured above I used chicken breasts with the bone.
Use your favorite way to make stuffing instead stuffing mix in a package or bag.
If I use stuffing cubes in a package or bag, I add celery, onions, and butter like you see in the recipe.
My very favorite stuffing is the way my Mom made it with sliced bread, toasted lightly and Bell’s Seasonings. That recipe is on my website. Search: My Mom’s Stuffing, to see it.
Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
- 4 boneless chicken breasts or cutlets, left whole or cut up into bite sized pieces. Or you can use chicken with the bone also. Turkey is an option.
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 pkg. (6 ounces) stuffing mix or plain bread cubes
- 1 ⅔ cups water
- ½ cup celery chopped small
- ½ cup onion chopped small
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt dash
- pepper dash
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning Bell’s or any brand
- 1. Place your chicken in the crockpot, raw. (Depending on time, I might sear chicken just until brown on the stove in some oil for a few minutes, and then add it to the crockpot. Totally up to you. Good added raw or seared first.
- In a small bowl, combine the condensed soup and the milk. Pour it over the chicken in the crockpot.
- In another bowl, combine the stuffing mix, celery, onion, butter, salt, pepper, and Bell’s seasoning. Spoon the stuffing over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 – 8 hours.