” If you want an easy version of chicken and stuffing, this is a great time saver! And it is SO TASTY! Chicken or Turkey and Stuffing is one of my husband Bill’s very favorite meals, and he LOVED this! Use chicken or turkey boneless breasts, or cut -up chicken pieces, or you can cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Use whatever you like! Pictured above I used chicken breasts with the bone. You can use your favorite way to make stuffing instead of the bag of stuffing mix. This recipe is how I make stuffing. Enjoy! ” Serves: 4
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, or cutlets, left whole or cut up into bite sized pieces. Or you can use chicken with the bone also. Turkey is an option.
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix, or plain bread cubes
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped small
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, dash
- pepper, dash
- 1 tablespoon Bell’s seasoning
- 1. Place your chicken in the crockpot, raw. (Depending on time, I might sear chicken just until brown on the stove in some oil for a few minutes, and then add it to the crockpot. Totally up to you. Good added raw, or seared first.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup and the milk. Pour it over the chicken in the crockpot.
- In another bowl, combine the stuffing mix, celery, onion, butter, salt, pepper, and Bell’s seasoning. Spoon the stuffing over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 – 8 hours.