An oldie but goodie delicious chicken and stuffing casserole from Kraft Foods that I remember my Aunt Gloria making.
It is so good! Bill asks for this often.
So FAST and EASY! You just layer the ingredients.
A keeper recipe!
Serves about 4-6.
Chicken and Stove Top Stuffing Casserole
An oldie but goodie delicious chicken and stuffing casserole from Kraft Foods that is so good! And it's FAST and EASY!
- 1⅔ cups water hot
- 1 package (6 ounces) Stove Top Stuffing Mix or your choice of stuffing mix
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the hot water and the stuffing mix. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the condensed soup and sour cream. Set aside.
- In a 2 quart oven-proof dish, place the chicken pieces.
- Top with the frozen vegetables.
- Spread the soup mixture over the vegetables.
- Top with the stuffing mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
CHICKEN: Use more chicken if you want. Use either 1 pound or 1-1/2 pounds. STUFFING MIX: Feel free to use whatever stuffing mix you like. VEGETABLES: Use whatever vegetables you like! Can be frozen, canned, or fresh vegetables that are partially cooked.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 119mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1643IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg