“You will never make a box cake mix again! Seriously! From Allrecipes with thousands of views, you have to try this! They also have a video of it. It must be the boiling water! This is too good and too easy to miss! Throw everything in one bowl, and wow, what a rich, very moist, delicious cake! I just love the soft texture of the cake! The best box cake mix doesn’t even come close to this! It is so –o easy and fast to make! And I like this cake without any frosting! It is amazing! A new favorite for me! Enjoy!”
2 cups sugar
1 ¾ cups flour
¾ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour 2 nine-inch round cake pans, or use a baking spray.
3. In an electric mixer on low-speed, mix together the sugar, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the boiling water. The batter will be thin.
6. Pour into the prepared pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
7. Put the pans on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
8. Invert the cakes onto the wire rack to continue cooling.
9. Frost, if desired.
10. Store the cake covered, on top of the counter.
Nutritional Information (without frosting)
One Bowl Chocolate Cake III
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 71
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g 13%
Saturated Fat 1g 7%
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 302mg 13%
Total Carbohydrates 37g 12%
Dietary Fiber 1g 3%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.