Southern Living’s Dec. 2017 cover of Cookies and Bars featured this decadent and delicious bar that I knew the chocolate lovers in my family would appreciate! This is a nice, rich Southern recipe, for sure! They’re similar to Magic Cookie Bars but taken up a few notches! It takes 2 steps to put it together, but they are easy to follow. I have a little heavy hand on the bourbon! Very yummy! Enjoy!”
Makes: 24 bars
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
1/4 cup unsweetend baking cocoa
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
1 cup flaked coconut
3 cups pecans halves and pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line the bottom and sides of a 13×9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over the sides; lightly grease the foil with cooking spray.
3. Prepare Crust: In a food processor, pulse the flour, sugar, butter, and cocoa until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Press the mixture on the bottom and ¾ inch up the sides of the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate morsels over the crust.
6. Cool completely on a wire rack for about 30 minutes.
7. Prepare Filling: In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, and eggs until smooth.
8. Stir in the bourbon.
9. Stir in the coconut and pecans.
10. Pour the filling over the cooled cooked crust.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown and set.
12. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, about 1 hour.
13. Chill bars in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
14. Lift from the pan using the foil sides as handles. Gently remove the foil, and cut into bars.
15. Store the bars covered on top of the counter.
German Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Bars
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving: 1 bar
Calories from Fat: 197
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 22g 34%
Saturated Fat 10g 51%
Cholesterol 38mg 13%
Sodium 86mg 4%
Total Carbohydrates 38g 13%
Dietary Fiber 2g 7%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 7%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0