Beef Stroganoff made in a pressure cooker is my favorite way to make this great dish! The pressure cooker gives the most tender meat and delicious flavor! To me, it is better than Beef Stroganoff in a Slow Cooker or on top of the top the stove.
It cooks in 8 minutes, it is so fast!
My pressure cooker happens to be a top of the stove, 8-quart Presto, but you can use this recipe with any brand pressure cooker.
Substitute water for the red wine if you prefer.
I have used a pressure cooker for years! The new ones are so easy to use! Do not be afraid of them! It is a fantastic, fast method to get the most tender meat and flavor in any recipe!
Beef Stroganoff in a Pressure Cooker
Beef Stroganoff in a pressure cooker is the BEST way to make it! The meat is so tender and the flavor so delicious!! To me it beats maing it in the slow cooker or on the stove top! So good!
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound beef cubes trimmed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 cup onions sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup red wine or water
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Gravy Master
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, black pepper, and paprika.
- Add the beef cubes and stir to coat them well. Set aside.
- Over medium heat on the stovetop, heat the oil and garlic in the pressure cooker pan for 1 minute, then add in the coated beef cubes. Sauté them for a few minutes until they are browned on all sides.
- Stir in the onions, mushrooms, beef broth, wine, and sugar.
- Secure the lid onto the pressure cooker and let it cook for 8 minutes after the pressure is reached.
- Put the pressure cooker under the faucet with cold water to ool the pressure cooker immediately.
- When the pressure is released, lift the lid. Stir in the sour cream and Gravy Master.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
WiNE: Substitute water for the wine if you prefer. DELICIOUS served over wide pasta noodles.
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 1115mg | Potassium: 787mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 373IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 3mg
No kidding, Debbie! How about that! It is the only way I do it now! So-o good, every time!
Hi Angie! This is how my mother-in-law used to do it for my husband. Looks delicious!