Paula Deen’s Fudge Pie, which also is the same one that was on the back of the Baker’s Secret chocolate box is so rich and delicious! No wonder it is a favorite of chocolate lovers!
It uses ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS!
There are just a few changes I do to make it better I think:
1. TO MAKE IT EASIER I melt the chocolate in the microwave to make it easier.
2. TO MAKE IT HIGHER I use an 8-inch pie plate for a higher pie.
3. It is so sweet, I REDUCE THE SUGAR just a little bit. Chocolate lovers don’t even notice!
No mixer is needed, it takes barely 5 minutes to whisk together by hand!
See more pictures in the slideshow below.
Fudge Pie~a la Paula Deen and Baker’s Secret
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar scant (I use just a little under 1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 9-inch pie crust unbaked (I use 8-inch for a higher pie)
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Break the chocolate squares into large chunks and cut the butter into large chunks then place them in a medium microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave it on high for 1 minute.
- S Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir with a spoon or whisk until it becomes completely melted. Whisk in the sugar. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. To temper the eggs, stir in a few spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture.
- Add this egg mixture to the chocolate mixture, beating it with a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes. It should jiggle a little bit. Do NOT bake it until firm. You want it soft and fudgy.
- Cool it on a wire rack. Store the pie covered in the refrigerator.