Basmati rice sautéed with tiny bits of veggies is a side dish I serve that a lot of people love. It is easy to make!
Because of all the added veggies and so little oil, it does not give you that heavy feeling that happens when you eat other rice dishes.
The secret to this dish is to mince the vegetables the same size as the rice! Instead of using a food processor, which can cut the veggies too small, I use the Progressive Chopper to get even, neat little squares of the veggies so they are all uniform in size. You could cut the veggies by hand but the Progressive chopper makes this a quick and easy job ending with great results!
You could also add some beans, chicken chunks, shrimp, or any other protein meat for a delicious one-dish meal. Change up the rice to any kind you like; I happen to really like the nutty flavor of Basmati. This veggie combo is one I used most often. You can use your favorite vegetables, just make the minced veggies equal to 1 cup. This healthy side dish is SO tasty!
Basmati Rice with Minced Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup rice basmati, raw (3 cups cooked)
- water salted
- ¼ cup onion minced
- ¼ cup carrots minced
- ¼ cup broccoli minced
- ¼ cup bell pepper minced
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, cook the rice in salted water until it is tender. Drain the water and set aside the rice. (Or you can use minute rice.)
- Mince the veggies, keeping them the same size as the rice.
- Steam the veggies in the microwave for 5 minutes until they are semi-soft. Set aside.
- In a large skillet sauté the oil, garlic and black pepper until the garlic is golden.
- Stir in the rice to the skillet along with the veggies. Add the parsley and ½ teaspoon of salt. Sauté everything together for about two minutes to get it nice and hot.
- Serve immediately.
That looks simple and good Angie, will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing .
Very simple and very delicious! Try it!