“A moist triple chocolate zucchini muffin that gets the yum approval from my chocoholic husband. You really cannot taste the zucchini in them but I think it helps to make them moist. His suggestion for my trial tweaks with this was to add more chips which I did. The espresso powder enhances the chocolate.
We think these are just perfect! You can use white chocolate chips if you don’t have the white baking chocolate. The high oven temperature in the beginning eight minutes helps to make the muffins higher. Enjoy!”
1 cup sugar
1 cup canola oil
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon espresso powder
3 1/2 cups dark mini chocolate chips, divided
3 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely grated or white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Line 20 muffin tins with paper liners, or spray or grease the tins.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, and oil.
4. Beat in the cocoa, vanilla, and zucchini.
5. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and espresso powder.
6. Fold in in just one and a half cups of the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of the grated white chocolate.
7. Fill the prepared muffin tins almost to the top.
8. Using the remaining two cups of chocolate chips, place a few chocolate chips on top of each muffin. Then sprinkle the remaining chopped white chocolate on top of each muffin.
9. If you have sections of the muffin tins that are not used, fill them each with water half way up. This helps the muffins to have higher domes.
10. Bake the muffins for 8 minutes, then lower the oven to 350° and bake for another 22 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
11. Immediately remove muffins from the pan and cool on wire rack.
12. Store in a covered tin or dish on top of the counter.
Triple Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Servings Per Recipe: 20
Amount Per Serving : 1
Calories from Fat: 225
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 24g 37%
* Saturated Fat 8g 38%
* Cholesterol 23mg 8%
* Sodium 205mg 9%
* Total Carbohydrates 52g 17%
* Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
* Protein 3g 6%
* Sugars 32g
* Vitamin A 1%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 1%
* Iron 5%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.