“Put potatoes in a frittata and you are guaranteed superb results! This is a favorite potato frittata of mine, simple and delicious and it pleases even fussy eaters! I will choose a frittata over an omelet or a quiche any day! Frittatas are not folded like omelets, and they don’t have a crust like quiches. They are easy to make, you just have to master the technique of sliding and turning them over. The end result is pretty impressive in a serving dish!
A bonus to this recipe is a generous one-wedge serving is only 136 calories or 4 Weight Watcher Points. Enjoy!”
non-stick Cooking Spray
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/3 cup diced onion
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 medium potatoes, sliced
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Steam the broccoli and potatoes until almost tender. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat the eggs, salt, pepper, and parsely. Set aside.
3. Spray a large skillet using a butter or canola oil spray, then add the oil and heat it over medium heat.
4. Add the onions and sauté them for a few minutes.
5. Add the egg mixture to the skillet.
6. Sprinkle the broccoli, potatoes, and cheese over the eggs, pushing them into the eggs. Let this cook for a few minutes.
7. As the bottom of the frittata cooks, lift the edges of the frittata and tip the pan to allow the raw egg mixture on top to run underneath to the bottom of the frittata. Keep doing this in several places around the rim.
8. Once it is mostly set, place a large dinner plate on top of the frittata and flip the pan to get the frittata onto the plate.
9. Slide the frittata from the plate back into the skillet to let the runny side of the frittata to cook on the bottom of the skillet for a few minutes.
10. Slide the frittata onto a serving plate.
11. The frittata can be made ahead of time, just reheat in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes when ready to serve.
Potato, Broccoli and Cheese Frittata
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving: 1/8 wedge of the frittata
Calories from Fat: 80
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 9g 14%
* Saturated Fat 3g 14%
* Cholesterol 169mg 56%
* Sodium 398mg 17%
* Total Carbohydrates 6g 2%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
* Protein 7g 13%
* Sugars 0g
* Vitamin A 7%
* Vitamin C 26%
* Calcium 7%
* Iron 4%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0