I use this superb old-fashioned recipe to make blueberry muffins or any combination of berries I have on hand. It makes 16 muffins, just bake them for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!”
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
1 cup raspberries
1/8 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Grease or spray a 12-cup bundt pan.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed until fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and mix well.
5. In a small bowl, combine the 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
7. Add the milk and vanilla extract, beat on medium speed, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl to mix the batter well so there are no clumps.
8. In a small bowl, gently coat the berries with the 1/8 cup flour.
9. With a rubber spatula, gently fold the berries into the batter, being careful to be quick and gentle so the berries don’t bleed into the batter.
10. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
11. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
12. Cool cake on wire rack for 30 minutes.
13. Loosen the cake from the edges of the pan with a butter knife, then invert it onto a
serving plate. Dust the top with confectioner’s sugar if you wish.
14. Store the cake covered on top of the counter.
Blueberry Raspberry Bundt Cake
Yield Per Recipe: 16 slices
Amount Per Serving: 1 slice
Calories from Fat: 58
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 6g 10%
* Saturated Fat 4g 22%
* Cholesterol 35mg 12%
* Sodium 234mg 10%
* Total Carbohydrates 27g 9%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 1%
* Protein 3g 5%
* Sugars 14g
* Vitamin A 6%
* Vitamin C 4%
* Calcium 2%
* Iron 5%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0