“A low calorie, different snack cake with a rich banana layer and a really delicious chocolate bottom. These moist cake squares are easy to pick up and they need no icing! I prefer it plain, but if you insist, go ahead and sprinkle some confectioner’s sugar on top!
This is one of my favorite snack cakes not because it is low-calorie, but because I really love the texture and the intense banana/chocolate combination. The low-calorie count is a bonus! One piece is only 89 calories or 1 Weight Watcher Point. Enjoy!”
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 bananas, over-ripe
1 -1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Grease or spray a 13x9x2-inch pan.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
5. Blend in the bananas.
6. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
7. Divide the batter in half.
8. Add the baking cocoa to one of the halves and mix well.
9. Spread the chocolate batter into the prepared pan.
10. Spoon dollops of the white batter on top of the chocolate batter.
11. With a knife, swirl the white batter just a little into the chocolate batter.
12. Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
13. Store cake covered on top of the counter.
Low Calorie Black Bottom Banana Snack Cake
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving: 1 piece
Calories from Fat: 15
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 2g 3%
* Saturated Fat 0g 2%
* Cholesterol 6mg 2%
* Sodium 146mg 6%
* Total Carbohydrates 17g 6%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 2%
* Protein 1g 2%
* Sugars 8g
* Vitamin A 4%
* Vitamin C 2%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 2%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0