I love to make snack cakes! NO FORK needed! Just pick them up and take a bite! This one is moist and so flavorful! It needs no icing! It is a favorite of mine! It has a rich banana layer and velvety chocolate bottom.
BONUS: One piece is only 113 calories or 5 WW points!
I love it not only because it is low-calorie, but because I really love the texture and the intense banana/chocolate combination. The low-calorie count is a bonus!
See pictures how I made it in the slideshow below.
Black Bottom Banana Snack Cake~Low Calorie, Low WW Points
- 1 13x9x2-inch pan
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas overripe
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease or spray a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- With a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Blend in the bananas.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Divide the batter in half by removing about 1-1/2 cups of batter to another bowl.
- Add the baking cocoa to one of the halves and mix it well.
- Spread the chocolate batter into the prepared pan.
- Spoon dollops of the white batter on top of the chocolate batter.
- With a knife, swirl the white batter just a little into the chocolate batter.
- Bake at 350ºF. for 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Store cake covered on top of the counter.
I first posted this in July, 2014 and updated it to a new format in June, 2023.