This memorable old-fashioned, now heirloom ambrosia salad has made an appearance at every family BBQ for longer than I care to remember! It is made with sour cream and not Cool Whip or yogurt like some ambrosia recipes I’ve seen. I love sour cream! I could eat a spoonful right from the container!
It has just the right combination of fruit and it’s so easy to put together in just a few minutes.
I have it memorized for all the times people have asked for the recipe!
This is a great fruit combination that everyone likes, but you can use 2 cups of whatever fruit you like.
This recipe yields about 3 cups.
Heirloom Ambrosia Salad
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pineapple chunks drained
- 1 cup mandarin oranges drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. It is even better to make it the day before serving to let the flavors meld even more!