Bill’s Meatloaf has salsa in it! And Vegetable juice! This is one of the few things my husband makes….and it is yummy!! I love this meatloaf! He came up with this recipe on his own years ago.
It is so tasty and moist, it needs NO gravy!
This is cooked in the microwave so it cooks fast. The custard cup placed upside down in the middle of the dish collects any excess oil from the ground beef, so don’t remove it until you are finished.
He’ll be glad if you give it a try! If you don’t, “Your loss”, he says! Ha-ha!
See more pictures of the steps in the slideshow below.
- 10-inch Quiche Pan
- Custard Cup
- 2 pounds ground beef or your choice of ground meat
- 1 cup salsa mild
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons mustard yellow
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup vegetable juice (V-8)
- 1 onion sliced
- Place a small ceramic or glass custard cup upside down in the middle of a ten-inch microwave safe quiche dish or similar casserole dish.
- Spread the sliced onions on the bottom of the pan around the upside down custard cup.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, salsa, bread crumbs, eggs, yellow mustard, salt, ground black pepper, and vegetable juice until it is well-blended.
- Place the meatloaf mixture over the sliced onions around the cup, pushing the mixture in with a spoon to fit tightly around the dish.
- Microwave the meatloaf uncovered, on high power for 19 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and cut into slices to serve.
- Do not remove the custard cup until you are finished slicing and serving the meatloaf so the oil stays contained inside the custard cup and does not seep into your meatloaf.