“These fudgy delicious macaroons get rave reviews from a certain chocoholic I know. They actually have no flour in them. You can change these up by omitting the butter and cocoa and adding one cup of mini chocolate chips to the batter. The baking time has a wide variance. Be careful with the bake time, since macaroons are a delicate cookie and don’t harden much while in the oven but harden more after they come out of the oven. Start with the lower time and keep checking the bottoms in your particular oven until they are a light brown. Enjoy!”
Servings: 42 Cook Time: 11-25 minutes
5 1/3 cups coconut ( 14 ounce bag)
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup baking cocoa
¼ cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoon almond extract
21 maraschino cherries, drained, dried and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease or spray cookie sheets.
- Combine all ingredients except maraschino cherries.
- Shape into tablespoon-sized balls and place them one inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Press one half maraschino cherry into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 11-25 minutes. Start at 11 minutes and keep checking the bottom of the cookie for a light brown color.
- Immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store cookies in a covered tin or dish on the counter.
Nutritional Information: Chocolate Macaroons
Amount Per Serving: 1 cookie
Calories from Fat: 62
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 7g 11%
* Saturated Fat 6g 32%
* Cholesterol 5mg 2%
* Sodium 63mg 3%
* Total Carbohydrates 13g 4%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
* Protein 2g 3%
* Sugars 12g
* Vitamin A 1%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 2%
* Iron 0%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0