Only two ingredients! If you want a FAST, shortcut way to make mini pastries, this is it! They are SO good too!
There are times you need FAST! Sure, you can make your own pastry dough and filling from scratch! Sure you can make hand pies or turnovers, or mini pie cups! This way is a time-saver when you are short on time! NO need for a rolling pin either.
This technique of cutting slits in the dough wedges and curving the pastries is a great tip, it’s FAST, and the little pastries come out looking beautiful! And they are delicious! Use any canned pie filling you like. Pictured are apple raisin and raspberry.
Try them when you are in a hurry!
See the slideshow below how to make them.
EASIEST Mini Fruit Pastries Ever!
- 1 can (20 ounces) pie filling your choice
- 2 rolls refrigerated pie dough
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Onto a lightly floured board, use your hands to spread out one roll of dough into a 8-inch circle. No need for a rolling pin!
- Cut the dough into eight wedges.
- Make 3 small slits, about 3 inches long in the middle of each wedge.
- Carefully spread about 1 heaping tablespoon of filling at the wider part of the wedge.
- Starting at the wide filling side, roll the wedge towards the point. Place the pastries onto an ungreased baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Shape the pastries into a curve so the slits open a little and the filling will show through just a little bit.
- Repeat the process with the other roll of dough.
- Bake at 350°F. for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool the pastries on a wire rack. Serve the pastries plain or top with suggestions in the Notes. I like just a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar.
- Store the pastries covered at room temperature.