These delicious cherry-topped macaroons are SO EASY TO MAKE and very addictive! They are sweet and chewy, and LOW CALORIE. They are not high in calories or sugar or carbs, if you can eat just one!
The little added flour in the dough makes everything stick together nicely when forming them. So many macaroon recipes do not add flour and the macaroons spread too much while baking.
I am partial to macaroons with cherries on top, but see below for some variations you can do with macaroons.
Everyone loves these!
See some pictures in the slideshow below.
Chocolate Chip Macaroons~ Quick and EASY!
These delicious cherry-topped macaroons are SO QUICK and EASY TO MAKE and very addictive! They are sweet and chewy, and LOW CALORIE. They are not high in calories or sugar or carbs, if you can eat just one!
- 14 ounces flaked coconut 14-ounce bag
- 14 ounces condensed milk 1 14-ounce can
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons almond extract
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 38 Maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease or spray a baking sheet or use parchment paper.
- With a mixer on medium speed, or by hand, mix the coconut, condensed milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, flour, and mini chocolate chips to form a smooth batter.
- Use a tablespoonful of dough and roll it into a small ball.
- Place the balls about an inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Make an indent in the middle of each ball with your finger or the back of a wooden spoon then press in a maraschino cherry.
- Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes, or until they are slightly brown on top.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- 9 Store the cookies covered at room temperature.
OMIT the almond flavoring if you do not like it. VARIATIONS: Omit the cherries, leave plain, or drizzle melted chocolate over the tops. Or dip the bottoms of the macaroon in melted chocolate. THEY LAST for up to two weeks covered at room temperature! FREEZE: Freeze them in freezer containers in single layers with parchment or waxed paper in between. You can freeze them up to 3 months.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.05g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.4mg