These Macaroons are the easiest thing to make! Quick and easy!
They are delicious and chewy, and so pretty. Macaroons are great for holidays or special occasions and so many people love these!
I have been making these for years with variations and I think I got the original recipe from my sister Annie. Not all macaroon recipes have flour in them. I think a little flour holds the cookie dough together better and the macaroons don’t spread so much while baking.
Check all the variations you can do in the Notes below the recipe.
See more pictures in the slideshow below.
This delicious, chewy Cherry-topped Macaroon is a favorite of many people! It is so quick and easy to make with a few ingredients.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 14 ounces flaked coconut (14 – ounce bag)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 25 maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except the cherries.
- Use a heaping tablespoonful of dough to drop onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets, then push a cherry into the center.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, until the edges of the macaroons are a little brown.
- Immediately remove the macaroons to cool on a wire rack.
- Store the macaroons in a covered container at room temperature.
CHERRIES: You can use candied cherries instead of maraschino cherries. VARIATIONS: * Drizzle lines of melted chocolate over the tops of the cooled macaroons. * Or dip the tops in melted chocolate. * Or dip the bottoms of the cooled cookies in melted chocolate. * Add mini chocolate chips to the batter. * Leave them plain! THEY LAST for up to two weeks covered at room temperature! FREEZE: Freeze them in freezer containers in single layers with parchment or waxed paper in between. You can freeze them up to 3 months.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 0.01mg | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg