If you are tired of boxed pancake mixes, or if you are craving delicious, fluffy pancakes from IHOP and don’t feel like going out, try this homemade pancake recipe!
I don’t know, but maybe it is the white vinegar that makes these so fluffy and delicious! I do tell everyone who has eaten them, that the white vinegar is the secret ingredient!
The batter is a fluffy batter, so when you put a spoonful into the pan, you spread it a little.
Do not be tempted to mix all the ingredients together at once. I believe it makes a difference when you add them separately. Keep a light hand when you are mixing. Over-mixing pancake batter to make it really smooth is a sure-fire way to get flat, dry pancakes!
This recipe makes nine 3-4-inch pancakes, or six large ones.
I have tried many pancake recipes over the years and to me, and this is the best one!
See more pictures in the slideshow below.
Homemade Pancakes~The Best!
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the milk and white vinegar. Let this set for 5 minutes to sour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine the egg and melted butter. Mix it into the soured milk.
- Mix in the dry ingredients. Do not overmix. If you see a few lumps, that is okay.
- 5.On top of the stove, heat a large skillet to medium heat. Spray or grease the skillet with some butter.
- With a large spoon, pour pancake batter in rounds onto the heated skillet and spread the batter with the back of the spoon. It is a fluffy, thicker batter. When the sides of the pancakes are bubbly, flip the pancakes and cook that side until it's a light golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite topping!