This marble cake SWIRLS ITSELF and it is so soft and fluffy with buttermilk in the batter!
I LOVE IT! Very easy to make too!
I got this wonderful recipe from my dear friend Joan D. who is an excellent baker and cook who, like me, loves baking from scratch. She makes this beautiful cake in a standard size bundt pan and drizzles the top with a chocolate ganache. That is a really delicious way to serve it! I actually love it plain!
This recipe is a small, 6-serving size cake made in a 7-inch tube or Bundt pan.
Use the easy slider to double the recipe for a standard tube or Bundt size cake!
See pictures how to make it in the slideshow below.
Vanilla Fudge Marble Cake~Soft and Fluffy!
- 7-inch Tube Pan or Bundt Pan
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½+⅙ cup buttermilk
- 1⅜ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅕ cup chocolate syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray or grease a small 7-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- With a mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract together.
- Beat in the egg and buttermilk.
- On low speed, mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Reserve 1 cup of the batter aside. Pour the remaining batter into the prepared pan.
- Add the chocolate syrup to the reserved batter. Mix well.
- Pour the chocolate batter over the vanilla batter in the pan. DO NOT swirl or mix it.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then invert it onto a serving plate.