Potato Chip Cookies, specifically PAULA DEEN’S, are so-oo good, so buttery! I’ve tried a few recipes for this and hers is my favorite.
They are SUPER-FAST to make! Mix the dough in UNDER 5 MINUTES!
So few ingredients! You probably have them in your kitchen already.
These are a BIG hit! I can’t get over how much people really, really love them!
Hard to go wrong with Paula Deen and a butter cookie!
See some more pictures in the slideshow below.
Potato Chip Cookies
Potato Chip Cookies by Paula Deen are so-oo good! Very buttery, and the salt is from the chips. Who would have thought?
- 2 cups butter (4 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups potato chips salted, coarsely crushed
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar for dusting, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- With a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Reduce the speed to lowest and mix in the flour.
- Add in the crushed potato chips to form a dough.
- Using a #40 cookie scoop, (about 1½ tablespoons), place balls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Flatten the cookies slightly and press with a fork.
- Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes. The cookies will be very lightly browned around the edges. About three-quarters of the way done, flatten again with a fork if needed.
- Put the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool the cookies.
- Dust the tops of the cookies with confectioner’s sugar, if desired or leave them plain.
POTATO CHIPS: Use salted, regular or ridged potato chips. I wouldn’t use any other flavored ones, like barbeque, or salt and vinegar, or cracked pepper! But you could experiment if you want!!
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg
Pam’s favorite! Mine too!