“This is my low calorie version of Subway’s Flatizza. Not all Subways have it these days, but some still do it here.
It’s just a quick pizza using any flatbread and your favorite toppings.
There are so many ways to make a fast pizza! People use pitas, English muffins, mini pizza doughs, you name it, but my favorite way is to use a flatbread, any flatbread! Take your pick of white, whole wheat, whole grain, low carb, zero carb; so many kinds of flatbread to choose from! This one pictured uses Flatout Flatbread, low calorie.
Baked quickly in a toaster oven or regular oven, the crust gets a nice crunchiness to it, but not too much. I like that it is thin but you can still taste some softness in the crust.
I think of it as a low calorie pizza for a snack. This is VERY low in calories! I use the lowest calorie flatbread I can find then it is only 57 calories and 1 Weight Watcher Point!
You can double the recipe or make it the way you want! Maybe add shredded cheese or meat for more protein. Put any vegetables you want on top, your favorite sauce, maybe some oregano, basil.
My favorite version is this way. It takes just a few minutes to make.
There are some extra pictures in the slideshow below.
Flatizza Pizza, Low Calorie
- toaster oven
- ½ flatbread Flatout Flatbreads, Rustic White
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon basil dried, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano dried, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- ⅛ teaspoon Romano cheese grated
- ¼ cup green bell pepper thinly sliced
- ⅛ cup red onion thinly sliced, or any onion
- ⅛ cup black olives sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut the flatbread in half and use just one of the halves.
- Spread the tomato sauce on top of the flatbread half.
- Sprinkle the basil, oregano, and garlic powder, (optional).
- Sprinkle the green pepper slices, red onion slices, and olives. (add any other personal toppings).
- Sprinkle the grated Romano cheese on top of everything.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Love the pizza idea