“Everyone has a favorite chili recipe, I am sure! Wendy’s Chili is our favorite, and I finally found a way to make it as good as theirs, even after trying so many of the copycat Wendy’s out there. Not one hit it right…except this one! Sometimes I change the type beans, depending on what I have, or I use 2 different kinds of beans, but I keep the rest of the recipe the same to get the spices the way we like it. In this version pictured I added a can of small white cannellini beans to the recipe. You can go heavy-handed on the spices if you want more kick! The crockpot makes this recipe real easy! It freezes well too! It’s a perfect, delicious meal ready to defrost in minutes in the microwave for the days when you are busy, or lazy! Enjoy!“
- 1 pound ground beef, browned, and chopped small
- 1 (14 ounces) can petite diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounces) can pork and beans
- 1 (1.25 package) Chili Dry Seasoning Mix
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin, or to taste
- 1. In a skillet, saute the ground beef on the stovetop over medium heat. Drain the oil, if needed.
- 2. In the crockpot, mix the browned ground beef with all the ingredients.
- 3. Cook on LOW 6-8 hours, or on HIGH 1-2 hours.
- 4. Serve it as a soup! Serve it over rice!….or over pasta!….or over a baked potato! Serve it on a hotdog! Serve it with tortillas! So many ways to serve it! You might like to top the chili with shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream, or both!