Everyone has a favorite CHILI recipe, I am sure!
Wendy’s Chili is our favorite, and I finally found a way to make it as good as theirs, even after trying so many of the copycat Wendy’s out there. Not one hit it right…except this one!
Sometimes I change the type beans, depending on what I have, or I use 2 different kinds of beans, but I keep the rest of the recipe the same to get the spices the way we like it.
In this version pictured I added a can of small white cannellini beans to the recipe.
You can go heavy-handed on the spices if you want more kick!
The crockpot makes this recipe real easy!
It freezes well too!
It’s a perfect, delicious meal ready to defrost in minutes in the microwave for the days when you are busy, or lazy!
Chili, Like Wendy’s – For Real!
- 1 pound ground beef browned, and chopped small
- 14 ounces tomatoes canned, diced, petite
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces pork and beans canned
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) Chili Dry Seasoning Mix
- 1 onion minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper minced
- 1 stalk celery minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin or to taste
- 1. In a skillet, sauté the ground beef on the stovetop over medium heat. Drain the oil, if needed.
- 2. In the crockpot, mix the browned ground beef with all the ingredients.
- 3. Cook on LOW 6-8 hours, or on HIGH 1-2 hours.
This sounds delicious, Angie.
It is, Beverly! Easy too!